Re: New early P&R steel gondola model

Tom Madden

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 02:54 PM, Eric Hansmann wrote:

I’ve posted Eric Neubauer’s comments from the Early Rail list after my signature. He added quite a bit of history.

<snip>

I don’t quite understand the corrugated appearance inside the sides of the model. As far as I know, this class had no lining. [Eric N.]

I've put together an explanation of why the "corrugations" are present and how 3D printing of highly detailed vertical surfaces is still problematical. (Sort of a warm-up for my Cocoa Beach clinic.) Since Eric posts to multiple forums I put everything in a pdf document on my web site:
http://www.pullmanproject.com/Gondola.pdf

Tom Madden