Re: New early P&R steel gondola model

Dennis Storzek

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 11:43 AM, Tom Madden wrote:
I've put together an explanation of why the "corrugations" are present and how 3D printing of highly detailed vertical surfaces is still problematical. (Sort of a warm-up for my Cocoa Beach clinic.) Since Eric posts to multiple forums I put everything in a pdf document on my web site:
http://www.pullmanproject.com/Gondola.pdf
Thanks Tom, very informative. This proves to me that Shapeways is just maxed out and still found wanting. It's no longer an issue of resolution, but designing around the "wax tracks". It seems the SLA process is better suited to our parts. Compare these pix to the pix of the D&RGW coal hopper Eric presented a week or so ago.

Dennis Storzek