Re: Finishing the GN & CB&Q Truss Rod U/F's

Richard Townsend

Maybe whitewash them as if a car set up for a builders photo was not repainted. Then it would be quite visible. 😀

On Dec 19, 2019, at 1:09 PM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

The truss rods and turnbuckles look great, Bill. Seems a shame to hide this work in the murkiness under the car.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Welch
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:38 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Finishing the GN & CB&Q Truss Rod U/F's

In an effort to make sure any 1/87 size persons “living rough’ can “ride the rods” more safely I assembled the truss rod underframes of my GN and CB&Q models so that I could get a board to fit into the turnbuckles. Of course the boards also help keep the turnbuckles and therefore the underframes nice and tight.

Bill Welch