Re: [MFCL] [RealSTMFC] Grace Tank Car

Tangent Scale Models

Tim,

The AESX car you posted is not an ACF build.  It is a Pressed Steel Car Company build.

The GRYX car is an ACF build, "type 27" underframe of early 1940s construction

Best wishes,

David Lehlbach
www.tangentscalemodels.com
PO Box 6514
Asheville NC 28816 USA
828-279-6106

On Friday, December 20, 2019, 1:09:43 PM EST, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

There is no possibility the underframe on the GRYX 168 is an ACF Type 27.

Examine the enclosed photo and compare GRYX 168 to AESX 576.

And Darrall, yes, the Intermountain model represents a Type 27.

On 12/20/2019 7:13 AM, bn2204 via Groups.Io wrote:
> Thanks David,
>
> As a modeler modeling an era where stub sill tank cars are the norm,
> I'm not up to speed regarding the nomenclatures for the different type
> of frames associated with older tank cars. Correct me if I'm wrong,
> but isn't the Type 27 underframe the underframe that comes with the
> Intermountain 8,000g/10,000g tank car kits?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Darrall Swift  - Lagrange,  Ohio

Sterling, Massachusetts