Re: Grace Tank Car

Bruce Smith

Tim,

Why do you think AESX 756 is an AC&F type 27?  What features in that photo are you basing that on? Off the cuff I would have said AESX 756  was a UTL product…

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Dec 20, 2019, at 12:09 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

There is no possibility the underframe on the GRYX 168 is an ACF Type 27.

Examine the enclosed photo and compare GRYX 168 to AESX 576.

And Darrall, yes, the Intermountain model represents a Type 27.

On 12/20/2019 7:13 AM, bn2204 via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks David,

As a modeler modeling an era where stub sill tank cars are the norm, I'm not up to speed regarding the nomenclatures for the different type of frames associated with older tank cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Type 27 underframe the underframe that comes with the Intermountain 8,000g/10,000g tank car kits?

Thanks,

Darrall Swift  - Lagrange,  Ohio

--
*Tim O'Connor*