Re: Turtle Load

Dennis Storzek

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 05:06 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
John, not a violation.

The AAR districts that border CANADA include Minnesota and Pennsylvania.
But back in the steam era there was also the issue of tariffs on the foreign built equipment. However, I note the sign on this Grand Trunk Ry. car says the load is going via CN Ry. the Grand Trunk's new owner. So this is actually a line haul on a Canadian railway. My best guess is that a homeward bound Canadian empty was used since it returned the car to Canada under load, which was allowable under the car service rules. The fact that the car came back into the US at the other end of its journey is a separate issue.

Dennis Storzek