Andy

attached builder photo.

Barry

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 at 21:56, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:
I found some pictures today which added to my understandings of the D&RGW fleet of 12 panel riveted steel box cars. A class in the 68xxx series were built pre-war and had inside height of 10'4" and had 4/5 Dreadnaught ends with above average spacing between the top rib and the end top. Enclosed is a RRPHOTOGS scan of DRGW #68038 with a build date of 9-39 (?) and reweigh date of 5-54. Still has its pre-war Youngstown door and rectangular panel roof. Like the later Rio Grande 12 panels, this car also has a full length side sill. Was this a RG added feature as not many 1939 era box cars seem to have straight side sills?
-Andy Carlson   Ojai CA