Re: D&RGW 68038 12 panel 40' box car

Mark Hemphill

Pierre Oliver is working on an HO scale resin model of the D&RGW PSC 40' box car for release in first-half 2020. Sunshine did a resin kit years ago; one or two appear on eBay once a year and go for $150 plus. I was able to help this, a little, by finding PSC blueprints and about 50 photos to Pierre. Jim Eager also put a lot of assistance into the research.

Pierre hasn't produced anything except superb kits so I'm pretty excited about seeing them. If you're a D&RGW modeler of any year from 1939 to the 1980s, you have to have these; they're the definitive Rio Grande 40' box car and not readily adapted from other models.

Mark Hemphill