Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Retainer Valves - HO Scale

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Gang;

As a desperate alternative (as I truly was), I took my collection of the better resin versions, glued them with white glue, to a styrene sheet, rimmed it with clay, and cast a rubber block of retainer valves, brake wheels, and whatnot. Every time I cast freight car parts, the leftover went into the new retainer/whatnot cast. Pour the resin in, squeegee off the excess: presto.

Elden Gatwood

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Welch
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2019 7:08 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Retainer Valves - HO Scale

I did a search of the group's archives using "prescision scale retainer valve" and after many messages regarding the sale of PSC there are several references to the part number from myself and Fention. Hint the last two digits are "96"

The Tichy retainer valve is a little blob. I would never disagree w/Jack Burgess but I just looked and I am positive that there is NO Retainer Valve part on the styrene portion of the Detail Associates (and Grandt Line) sprue or engineering plastic sprue. Out of production by GL for a few years now, grab all you can of either since they are identical as the styrene brake parts are some the best. Toss the engineering plastic sprue as it defies adhesives.

Bill Welch

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.