Re: Erie Boxcar red help

Schleigh Mike

Hello Group & Brian!

My best choice for the ERIE's FCR was the Floquil FCR for the ATSF.  I have never compared it with Vallejo or Tamiya but perhaps that color would provide you a basis to choose.

Not to go tangential here but, in my experience, Intermountain never got this right on their ERIE boxcars.  Branchline did it better and perhaps is another comparison you might make.

Regards --- Mike Schleigh from Grove City, Penna.

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 03:14:28 PM EST, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

My only local hobby shop caters more to the plastic kit (airplanes, cars etc) modelers than Model RR but they are good for things like paint. I am going to be painting an Erie Boxcar in the near future and they have Vallejo and Tamiya paints. Does anyone have a color in either line that would be close to the color of the attached photo? I’ve learned the color name on the label means nothing. Heck Lester B used Vallejo Model Color Red Leather to model PRR FCC and it looks good.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga NY