Re: Erie Boxcar red help

Nelson Moyer

Or buy a bottle of Tru Color Erie Freight Car Brown, which is matched to color chips and is more brown than the red in the photo.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pierre Oliver
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2020 2:41 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Erie Boxcar red help

And the printed colour charts from Vallejo are of little help as well, as I've discovered
Best thing to do is take the photo to the shop and peruse the options

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

On 1/01/20 3:14 p.m., Brian Carlson via Groups.Io wrote:

My only local hobby shop caters more to the plastic kit (airplanes, cars etc) modelers than Model RR but they are good for things like paint. I am going to be painting an Erie Boxcar in the near future and they have Vallejo and Tamiya paints. Does anyone have a color in either line that would be close to the color of the attached photo? I’ve learned the color name on the label means nothing. Heck Lester B used Vallejo Model Color Red Leather to model PRR FCC and it looks good.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga NY