I built it in the stateroom on an LST.
Made the mistake of test fitting the trucks and went on watch - came back to two trucks rolling around on the deck still attached to the remains of the bolsters - and what seemed like hundreds of little resin fragments.
Marty McGuirk

On Jan 2, 2020, at 1:08 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

Nice job on this early Westerfield car.  I did this car when it first came out but that car has suffered some damage.  I have decals for a later period and have obtained another kit.  One note.  The ladders on this and several other MP cars were wider than normal.  Westerfield now has the proper ladders as a separate part.

Bull Pardie

-------- Original message --------
From: Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@...>
Date: 1/2/20 3:09 AM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Erie Boxcar red help

My go-to color for a basic freight car red has become Vallejo "Rust" - which for a while was sold by Micro-Mark as "Boxcar Red." I'll usually tint it one way or the other with either a crimson red or a earth/flesh tone depending on if I want to lighten and/or darken it.
It's considerably less brown and a much warmer color than the old Floquil/Polly Scale BCR, which always seemed a little bluish/purple to my eye.

Here's a car painted with straight Vallejo Rust prior to a flat coat being applied -

Marty McGuirk
On January 1, 2020 at 5:05 PM Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

Or buy a bottle of Tru Color Erie Freight Car Brown, which is matched to color chips and is more brown than the red in the photo.

Nelson Moyer