Re: Shipping Fish

Drew Bunn

"Fresh fish" are a perishable, whereas "live fish" would be considered livestock. They need to be treated differently.

CN ran fish in overnight passenger trains between Halifax and Boston utilizing Express Reefers with high speed trucks and steam lines.

But I think fish are rarely shipped live.

On Fri., Jan. 3, 2020, 20:21 Ted Schnepf, <railsunl@...> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Fresh fish to me means, live fish shipped in aeration tanks, in baggage cars for the kosher trade.

For a refrigerator load, I assume you mean processed fish.

Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet,
Elgin, Ill. 60120

847=697-5353

On Friday, January 3, 2020, 02:31:19 PM CST, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Shipping Fish

Where there any rules restricting refrigerator cars to fresh fish loads once they had been used to ship fresh fish?

Or did this depend on how the fist were packaged?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA