Re: Photos: Wabash Automobile Boxcar 47194

william darnaby

This is very likely one of the cars that for years sat along the back of the Alcoa Aluminum plant in Lafayette, Indiana and that I saw on my trips to and from Purdue 50 years ago.  They got scattered in the late 1980’s when Alcoa gave them up.  A handful ended up at the Indiana Transportation Museum in Noblesville, Indiana.  A couple still had their Evans Auto racks in them when I shot them up for an article that I did on upgrading an F&C kit for MR…or was it MM…I don’t remember.

Bill Darnaby

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, January 4, 2020 8:00 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photos: Wabash Automobile Boxcar 47194

Photos: Wabash Automobile Boxcar 47194

Three photos taken in Atlanta, Illinois from the Railroad Prototype Modeler blog:

https://railroadprototypemodeler.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/dscn9117-1.jpg?w=676

https://railroadprototypemodeler.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/dscn9113.jpg?w=676

https://railroadprototypemodeler.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/dscn9114.jpg?w=676

Notice the lever-style handbrake.