Re: Photos: Wabash Automobile Boxcar 47194

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Richard,

I'm not sure they are up to even the lowest standards of today, but a 3/3/3 Dreadnaught was used on Tyco 50' plug door boxcars. Why I don't know. I cut some away for possible later use from cars found in a box of stuff I acquired, (they are still in my parts box). Since these ends have ladders and brake detail cast on, I suggest getting a pair of cars at a train show and using only the A ends, which would require less carving.

I think I've also got some really clunky cast lead 3/3/3 ends, probably from an ancient Red Ball kit. These would be best used as interior weights where they would never be seen again.

Remember, never throw anything away. You can always find some use for it. Someday. Maybe. Well . . . .

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 9:22 PM Richard Townsend via Groups.Io <richtownsend=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:
I wish a good 3/3/3 end were available.