Re: Erie RR Notice On Stop-Off Cars

Dennis Storzek

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 01:10 PM, Michael Aufderheide wrote:
I thought that was odd too; to suggest the first consignee would re-position the load.  What I have seen in other sources were bulkheads made from dunnage to separate the parts of the loads and keep them from shifting when the first were removed.
Although, since the first consignee had to call the local agent to apply new car seals, the railroad did have some leverage... don't re-stack or block the load, and we won't seal the car, leaving consignee No. 1 responsible. In reality, it was the shipper's responsibility to properly block/ bulkhead the load; this seems to indicate that the ERIE was having problems with this, and was trying to push it off on the consignees.

Dennis Storzek