Re: Crane ID Help

Jack Mullen

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 10:56 AM, Garth Groff wrote:
I have never seen one with the name cast into a part of the frame on the cab rear, though I'm sure someone will immediately produce such an image. 🙄

Ok, can do:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_wisconsin/15269835176
Actually I cheated a bit, since that's a post steam era Burro. Note the BURRO CRANE INC. identity, c. '70s-'80s. I just couldn't resist a C&NW one.

Lest you think the cast name is just a later development, how about this one, a fairly old Model 15, clearly from Cullen-Freistadt:

https://jamesmcgillis.com/upload/lg/15_Cullen_Friestedt_CNYCNRS_Burro_Model_15_lg.jpg

That site is worth a visit.   https://moablive.com/burrocrane/default.asp

One small correction, what were discussing isn't just a cast nameplate, the raised lettering is cast in the cast counterweight.

Jack Mullen