Re: Caboose A vs. B End Orientation Question

Gary Roe

Nelson,

I can't speak for the CB&Q; but Wabash cars had the brake cylinder pointing toward the short (cupola) end.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Thursday, January 9, 2020, 7:34:51 PM CST, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

I’m working on two waycars (Burlington usage), and I need to know which end is considered the A and B end where the cupola is offset from center. Specifically, I’m building two CB&Q NE-10 steel waycars as modified in 1945 by blanking out one window, moving the toilet, and adding a truck generator, battery box, wagon wheel antenna. These cars were updated with Ajax power hand brakes at the same time. My question has to do with the orientation of the brake cylinder, control valve, and air reservoir, i.e. does the brake cylinder point toward the long end or the short (cupola) end.

Nelson Moyer