Re: Rutland flatcar with trailer load

Marty McGuirk

Interesting shot. I don't have the article, but back in the early days of prototype rolling stock modeling (John Nehrich or perhaps even Richard?) did an article on reworking an Athearn flat to more closely resemble the Rutland car.
Paul Dolkos had a car based on this article (built for him by Tom Underwood) on his old B&M layout that I acquired a few years ago (see http://centralvermontrailway.blogspot.com/2012/04/home-for-orphans.html) when Paul lost the true faith and started modeling Baltimore....He felt a Rutland flat would have been out of place in Baltimore ... <g>

Marty McGuirk

On January 9, 2020 at 10:09 PM Douglas Harding <doug.harding@...> wrote:

Here is an interesting image. Shows Rutland 2700 flatcar with two short Freuhauf trailers, being delivered in Des Moines IA. I don’t have a date, but would say circa 1920.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org