Re: ATSF BX-11,12, and13 rebuild question

mopacfirst

Nate:

I checked the Occhiello "Listing of cars by class" and it shows that 1500 or so of the Bx-11 were rebuilt in 1959/60, and the rebuilds became 16700-16899 and 19000-20550.  I remember a few of these cars,  They were fairly typical rebuilds with body fit over the narrower original frame, but the treatment of the ends was interesting.  Many, or all, got an 'outie' corrugation added above the otherwise 'innie' original Dreadnaught end.

Remind me off-line and I might be able to scan a couple.

Ron Merrick