Re: ATSF BX-11,12, and13 rebuild question

Tim O'Connor

We're not supposed to discuss freight cars after 1960. Are you referring to the raised roof rebuilds?
I've only seen one photo of a raised roof Bx-12 with an ACI tracking label. All cars in revenue service
1968 to about 1978 were supposed to have them.

On 1/10/2020 7:54 PM, Nathan Obermeyer via Groups.Io wrote:

Prototype Junction is looking to produce ATSF BX-11, BX-12, and BX-13 models to include rebuilds in the late 1950s. The rebuilds would possibly fit my modeling time frame of 1979 and I'd like to ask the ATSF experts what the road numbers were for these cars after the 1959 rebuild? Were they put in a new class of cars? I recently purchased the ATSF Color Guide book, but it didn't have photos of the 1959 rebuilds. Can someone provide the history of the rebuilds?

Thanks,

Nate
--
*Tim O'Connor*