From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Greg Martin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 3:32 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Another Athearn 40' Flat Prototype [Was Rutland flatcar with trailer load]

Eric do you have plans?

Greg Martin

-------- Original message --------

From: Eric Hansmann <eric@...>

Date: 1/13/20 6:08 AM (GMT-06:00)

The sidesills on those flats are slightly different. The sidesills on the GT car are deeper than those on the Rutland car. This also affects the angles of the fishbelly appearance.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On January 13, 2020 at 3:09 AM Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...> wrote:

Friends,

While looking through my New England photos for other surviving examples of the Rutland 2700-series flat cars, I chanced upon another 11-pocket flat car. This one is in company service on the Conway Scenic Railway, and is lettered GT 54559.

A photo of the car is attached, along with Steamtown's Rutland 2777 for comparison. The GT car has a channel end sill, while the Rutland car has a flat plate. Otherwise they are similar. Some styrene strip and a new deck could make the Athearn car a close match.

I'm not sure whether the GT lettering on this car is correct. In my 1958 ORER, there is no longer a separate GT reporting mark, only CN, and no number like this exists. Maybe it is older, or maybe it is fake lettering on somebody else's car. Any ideas?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

--
Hey Boss,

Somehow I got deleted from this group in late May. I guess someone didn't like me. Jail is a lonely place.

Greg Martin