Re: Photo: Staley Tank Cars

Gary Roe

Perhaps I should amend my answer a little.  "Roll" is probably not the right description of what the unloader does.  It tips the car to the side enough to get the grain to run to the side of the car that has the door open; but it does not roll the car over, like a rotary dumper for coal.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 5:31:29 AM CST, Gary Roe <wabashrr@...> wrote:

Steve,

In a word, yes.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Monday, January 13, 2020, 11:28:11 PM CST, pennsylvania1954 <stevehprr@...> wrote:

On the page reached through Bob's second link, the fifth photo from the bottom, "Staley grain car dumper 1951", caught my attention. How does the grain get out of the rebuilt WABASH boxcar? Does that device roll the car as well as tilt it?
--
Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL