Re: UTLX Dry Bulk Tank Car 81014

Hello Garth and all,

This is a very fun shot, I believe I have seen a low res. version of this before. Couldn't make much out on that one.
Thanks for this post.

The car looks like a UTL type V 10k car ( 5 courses ) and it looks to be in it's second rebuilding.

Note different dome sizes and hand grab locations on domes + offset ladder on left side of car, Cool.
You can make out original ( old style ) ladder steps to right of center dome.

With all the L&N stuff in the shot, tank car in kaolin service maybe?

PFE reefer in background with enamel shield, separating / loosening from side.

Regards,
Dan Smith