Re: Looking for any info about Linde (CCBX) gondolas #801-815 and the containers. #801-815

mark_landgraf

Hi,

LCL Corp 1956 inventory shows that there were 216 containers were owned by Carbide & Carbon Chemical and were in assigned service to Union Carbide for Calcium Carbide serve.

I have drawings of some of these containers, but my drawings are for a flat top version, not the peaked top version shown in your photo.

I attempted to attach them.

Mark Landgraf

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 4:02:04 PM EST, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Jason Kliewer wrote:

None of the ORER data gives me much to scale off of vertically except the inside height.  But at 17", I'm thinking it has a wood floor or maybe some sort of brackets or bracing to hold the containers.
What I really need is a pictures that shows one of the containers out of the car so I can see the bracing.

      If this car is anything like the SP version, there are good interior photos in my volume on SP flat cars, Vol. 3 of the series, _Southern Pacific Freight Cars_ that was published by Signature Press.

Tony Thompson