CNW "X" door trap cars

John Barry

We've discussed these cars in the past, but several of Jack Delano's photo captions at the Library of Congress add depth to the story.  I just hope that they did a good job of tying down the loaded hand carts.  A clear photo of the loading can be found here:  Chicago, Illinois. The Chicago and Northwestern Railroad runs a special service in these freight cars marked "X" between Chicago and Milwaukee. The cars are loaded with goods in proper order on these hand trucks. The cars are sent on to Milwaukee, tr

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA