Re: PRR G22 question

Nelson Moyer

The Westerfield kit builds either the G22 or G22B, but not the drop end G22A.Decals for both the G22 and G22B were in my kit.  I’ll leave it to the PRR faithful to provide the differences, since my documentation isn’t immediately available. The kit I built was one of the original brittle resin kits. Hopefully you have one of the new kits.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stic Harris
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:10 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] PRR G22 question

Good morning smart freight car folk,

I know we've had previous discussion on the PRR G22 flat cars, but I've been unable to find an answer to my question.

Besides the trucks, which I know were upgraded, and the stencil indicating the type and capacity of the car, is there any structural or visual difference between the original G22 gondola and the G22B gondola?

That is, if I change the trucks and decals, can I create an accurate G22B from a G22 model?

Thanks in advance for any information,

Stic Harris

--

- Stic