Re: PRR G22 question

Nelson Moyer

The Westerfield Data Sheet mentions the drop doors in the floor, and said that the G22 and G22B both had them. The kit floor had the drop doors molded in the closed position. I think the G22B class was based solely on the truck upgrade which increased the tonnage.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:57 AM
To: STMFC <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR G22 question

Hi Bruce, Nelson, Stic, and List Members,

I was under the impression that the G22b had openings in the gon floor to allow debris to fall to the tracks, making them more suitable for container service. This can be seen in the images of the Traincat G22b kit linked below.

Am I in error? Is the Traincat kit in error?

Claus Schlund