Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR G22 question

Nelson Moyer

There was a thread on the Westerfield kit and container loads a couple of years ago, so check the archives. The G22 could accommodate eight containers, four on each end over the trucks, while the G22B could be filled with container. I suspect the desire for a full load of containers was the chief motivation for the truck upgrade and resulting class change.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stic Harris
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 11:24 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR G22 question

Thank you all!

Much appreciate the information. And Elden, these photos are gold.

I actually have a set of the Westerfield containers to build and would like to put them in a G22B, so no one will know if my gondola happens to have/not have grates on the bottom.

My understanding is that Westerfield no longer makes the G22s. I've seen several G22s on eBay, but no G22Bs.

So planning on building a G22 and replacing the trucks/stencils with my containers covering the bottom.

Again, many thanks for the group knowledge,

Stic

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 10:33 AM Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Guys;

I believe PRR did a small number of G22B with mesh flooring to minimize the effects of cement build up, but they did not do this on most or all G22B.  It is a cool look, but not necessary on your models. They also did an interior that included container "dunnage" to keep the containers in place, like so:

Here are some other container photos.

Elden Gatwood