Re: PRR G22 question

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

So, I think there were many trucks on the G22, and yes, one of them looks like an extra beefy 6-spring 2D-F8, but like REALLY beefy. There is also a 100-ton Crown, which you see on some G22B. The 70-ton version of G22 does indeed have a 70-ton Crown, and also another 70-ton truck that also looks like a 2D-f8. It's complicated!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bruce Smith
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:31 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR G22 question

Elden,

Maybe I’m getting it backwards, but I thought that the 100 ton truck on the G22B looked like the classic PRR 2D-F8 or AAR Type Y and the 70 ton truck on the G22 is indeed the PRR Crown (Bowser).

Duplicating that 100 ton truck is a challenge, because it has that deep drop. Picking my poison, I used the 50 ton 2D-P8 because of the side frame shape. Too light, not enough springs, but clearly different from the 70 ton crown on the G22.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

On Jan 21, 2020, at 12:20 PM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@... <mailto:elden.j.gatwood@...> > wrote:

Bill;

I have not seen one. The closest is the 70-ton Crown from Bowser.

Elden Gatwood