Re: Photo: LV Boxcar 72286

G.J. Irwin

I'm particularly intrigued by the location of this photo since I can trace my heritage to Hoboken.  If I'm not mistaken, this is the southernmost end of the Hoboken Manufacturers Railroad, later known as the Hoboken Shore Line.  The Holland-America piers were just a couple of blocks north of the Lackawanna's Hoboken Terminal but were served from the north end of Hoboken.

I think this has been shared here before but in case not, or any new folks here... this is a short history of the Hoboken Shore Line.

http://hbs.railfan.net/

George Irwin
www.irwinsjournal.com