Re: NYC box car with a star on it

Tim O'Connor

While that is true, I wonder if it simply implies a car with tight floors and walls
appropriate for clean lading that doesn't require a lot of dunnage (that could harm
the walls and floors).

Later NYC cars had a yellow circle with a black "A" - is that basically the same thing?

Tim O'Connor

On 1/22/2020 6:48 PM, Seth Lakin via Groups.Io wrote:

Doug, from CanadaSouthern.com notes on NYC painting and lettering notes “A STAR under the oval herald indicates car used in grain service as per note #2 in drawing book J-56487”
I have a copy of the drawing book on my other computer. I would have to look up more details if needed.

Seth Lakin
Michigan City IN

Sterling, Massachusetts