I have an updated Standard Steel drawing list. This
list is both freight (from SS-0 - SS-99999) and Passenger (SS-100000 and
It can be found here:
- Yes, there are a lot of inconsistencies - so's your old
ma..er...Sometimes that's us, sometimes the original. When this
started over 20 years ago, there was no style sheet. Come to think
of it, there is none now.
- Yes, there are likely a lot of misspellings, incorrect abbreviations,
and uncapitalized names. Yep. Yep. I caught a lot
of misspellings, but there are more lurking
- The Metadata engine has no spell check, no mass replacement, and it
can't figure out what the hell a Pries roof is. Neither can I
- This is ONLY Standard Steel. Only 4500 or so drawings that have
been scanned. Yes I plan on doing Pullman Freight &
Passenger, Osgood Bradley, Budd, Haskell & Barker and maybe Boeing,
Ford and Airbus. Not today
- Don't see something that is referenced in a drawing - send me a
private message. Don't see something you want? Ditto.
Don't see ACF? Call St. Louis
- You want full resolution tifs available for downloading free?
Meet me at the bar in the Cocoa Beach Hilton tonight - it may take me a
while to get there, but we can talk about it then.
- You want to order something but don't know how or how much? See
- Want WHAT WHEN????????? Meet me in the bar at the Cocoa
Beach Hilton in 5 minutes...bring lots of unmarked bills...big
denomination bills...i.e. CASH....I'll be there ASAP...Mike? When is the
RPM next year?
All this is done by volunteers. Multiple volunteers. That
means their input style is different, as is their spelling,
abbreviations, etc. No kidding tho - the originals are rife with
the same thing. Remember all this is supposed to happen with the
work done in 1 6 hour day a week.
We've added over 1000 Standard Steel drawings in the past 6 months.
We have other work happening all the time, including preparing for the
And remember, just like that good old cook on the AT&SF - be careful
what you criticize, you will be given the job!