Re: Standard Steel Drawing List

Bob Webber

Dennis, I have said, more than a few times, any bureaucracy I have been associated with has ALWAYS used some form of authorizing instrument/number.  Lot, Order, Job Order, Construction Order - SOMETHING.

Yet...as an example, Pullman Co. did not apply their authorizing information on the hundreds of drawings for the rebuild cars done by Pullman (NOT Pullman-Standard) in the 30s and 40s.  Nothing.  Many times, they have drawings without the car owner/name/number indicated.  So...it's not impossible, or necessarily unique not to have that on drawings.

At 12:07 PM 1/24/2020, Dennis Storzek wrote:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 09:36 AM, Steve and Barb Hile wrote:
Having looked at a lot, but not as many as Bob, of SSC drawings, both for the UTLX book and in my role as a volunteer at IRM, I can tell you that there is nothing on the drawings (for sure the GA drawings) that would link it to anything like a lot number or order number.

That is disappointing. SSC undoubtedly had a lot, order, or job number for billing purposes if nothing else, and undoubtedly had a list of drawings included in the Bill of Materials, but their failure to include the number on the drawings means you can't start there to find related drawings, you need the drawing list. Lets hope in comes to light some day.

Dennis

Bob Webber