Re: Book of historical drawings; is it worth scanning?

Tony Thompson

Dennis Storzek wrote:

No Copyright declaration that I've found, yet. I wouldn't expect one. Back when the owner of a work actually had to pay money to secure copyright protection, typically only things intended to make money, like books and magazines, were copyrighted.

      Most railroad publications were not copyrighted, including annual reports, employee magazines, brochures, timetables, etc. etc. Prior to 1978, if a copyright notice had not been inserted into the publication, it went straight into public domain. You will notice such an absence in almost any railroad-published document. The same is true of most AAR documents I have seen.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history