Re: ADMIN RE: [RealSTMFC] New eBay listing

Tim O'Connor

Just a simple suggestion - Make a SEPARATE groups.io list that initially includes ONLY the
members of RealSTMFC - to be the "want to buy - want to sell" list for this group of people.
And as always, keep all transaction details off list. If people don't want to belong or want
no email, they can take care of it with the email that is sent by groups.io.

It also means we don't eat up RealSTMFC photo or file space for sales or purchases.

Tim O'Connor

On 1/27/2020 9:22 PM, Aley, Jeff A wrote:

Hi Folks,

The relevant rules are below.  Permit me to summarize:

1.  We permit the announcement of freight car-related items for sale.  These announcements should be kept to a minimum, and inquiries directed off-list.

2. COMPANIES who wish to announce freight car-related items for sale shall post their announcements between noon Friday EST and Saturday 11:59PM EST.

In my judgement, Clark Propst’s email meets the spirit and the letter of the rules.

Regards,

-Jeff Aley,

Deputy Moderator, STMFC

“Announcements of frt car related items for sale are permitted BUT actual

lists of items should be made available from the seller upon request rather

than in the message. Announcements of such sales should be kept at a

minimum. The primary objective of the group is to exchange information

concerning the subject.

Messages regarding the selling of products as part of a commercial

enterprise must be sent during the period of noon Friday EST and Saturday

midnight EST.

Each seller is allowed one message unless a correction is needed. Seller

messages MUST include OFF GROUP addresses for replies. Replies by members to

seller messages MUST be OFF GROUP.”