Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad steam crane 08...

O Fenton Wells

Excellent modeling Jack, impressive
Fenton

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:02 PM Jack Burgess <jack@...> wrote:

As I recall, we decided some time ago that maintenance of way equipment could be shared on this chat list.

A number of years ago I began collecting information on this crane and drew detailed plans for it a couple of years ago. I finally started building the model about 6 months ago and finished it today. Attached are three photos of the final model. The frame and basic body were fabricated from .015” sheet brass while the roof, boom, interior details, and a half-dozen other parts were 3D printed. The project was frustrating at times but was a very challenging and enjoyable project.

Jack Burgess

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd