Re: Weathering Couplers

Todd Sullivan

Bob,

For years I have been painting Kadee standard and semi-scale couplers with Polly-Scale paint, and they work fine as long as you exercise the knuckle 5-8 times after painting and before the paint has dried hard - usually about 5-10 minutes in most cases.  Since Polly-Scale isn't available now, I'll have to experiment with other brands to find a replacement, once my supply runs out.  Painting the couplers did not seem to affect the amount of force needed to couple them up.  I can still gently nose a loco up to a car and have the couplers connect ... unless the car is VERY free-rolling.

Todd Sullivan
Rowlett, TX