Re: wire source

Nelson Moyer

Tim, I’m curious about what freight car applications brass would be better than phosphore bronze wire. I’ve built 120+ resin kits with phosphor bronze wire using 0.008, 0.010, 0.0125, 0.015, and 0.020 in. wire sizes, and I prefer phosphor bronze to brass.

Nelson Moyer

On Jan 30, 2020, at 11:31 AM, Tim O'Connor <@timboconnor> wrote:

Also, contact Des Plaines Hobbies. They stock a huge variety of wire and
tubing in many materials. For certain applications, brass wire may be a better
material than phosphor bronze.

Tim O'Connor

On 1/30/2020 12:25 PM, Paul Doggett via Groups.Io wrote:
Larry

Tichy trains have 0.015” phosphor bronze wire in stock.

Paul Doggett

On 30 Jan 2020, at 17:19, Larry Smith <wooddale@...> wrote:

Does anyone know of a source for Detail Associates .015 brass wire. No one seems to have it and I need it for a freight car project I'm doing

Larry Smith

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*