Re: Union Tank Car Co. UTLX 17441 a “squat”

O Fenton Wells

Impressive Lester, great job on a difficult build
Fenton

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 9:46 AM Dave Boss <daveboss1976@...> wrote:
Really enjoyed your blog. Great job on the X3. This car is one that I really need as I 'm modeling the oil industry in my area. I have just finished working on an 8000 gal ACF tank car myself, and decided to bend brass wire to for the hand rail as well. I had nothing to work with so I bent the hand rail ,free hand to use with the Precision Scale stanchions. This really discouraged me from trying this again. Your blog however renewed my interest in making hand rails in the future. I didn't realize they include a jig in the sunshine tank car kits. Unfortunately I have no Sunshine tank car kits to acquire one of those jigs. Dose anyone know if there is a jig available to make these handrails?

Dave

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 7:32 AM Lester Breuer <rforailroad@...> wrote:

I have completed the build of Sunshine Models, kit 62.2, a Union Tank Car Company (UTLX) “squat”  or “short” 8,000 gallon tank car I numbered 17441.  If you are interested the build of this “squat” UTLX tank car which includes installing Precision Scale, #32110, handrail stanchions, photos and writeup of the build process including paint and weathering are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

--
Fenton Wells