Re: Peek-A-Boo Gondolas

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

While traveling from California to Virginia in 1982 I spotted this SAL stump gondola. It doesn't have the "skeleton" sides of the cars previously under discussion, but does have the sides cut away at floor level for cleaning (as if that ever happened). The car was white, and I think the number was 6890, but only the ghost lettering remained. The car is marked "STUMP WOOD LOADING ONLY".

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 2:26 AM Rufus Cone <rclist09@...> wrote:
Todd,

Where were these stumps hauled and did they originate on the CG?

There was a Hercules explosives plant for near Brunswick, not served by CG.

Rufus

--
Rufus Cone
Bozeman, MT