Re: Peek-A-Boo Gondolas

Todd Horton

I’m not sure where they originated but I always assumed they were sent to Brunswick for unloading. There was so many forest operations in South Ga that there could have been several locations of loading points. I’ve never located a file about these cars but I know they existed from talking to former employees of the railroad. There is a paint stencil diagram for these cars as they were modified for stump service. Todd Horton

On Feb 2, 2020, at 2:26 AM, Rufus Cone <rclist09@...> wrote:

Todd,

Where were these stumps hauled and did they originate on the CG?

There was a Hercules explosives plant for near Brunswick, not served by CG.

Rufus

The C of Ga modified some USRA clone gons like this for hauling stumps to make dynamite Todd Horton
--
Rufus Cone
Bozeman, MT