Re: NKP BOXCAR COLORS

Brian Carlson

I should have mentioned my paint colors were are built. Some cars did get FCC ends when repainted.

Brian J. Carlson

On Feb 3, 2020, at 8:47 AM, al.kresse <water.kresse@...> wrote:

The NKP, Erie, PM and  C&O were all part of the Van Sweringen brother's empire at this time and had joint standards for lettering and painting.  Road specific fonts for none-data stencils were unique . . . i.e. like the PM's special "Q".  I believe the C&O had black ends at this time.  Research on AMC (Advisory Mechanical Committee) is spotty.  Some is at Clifton Forge. Don't know what Cleveland State U has.

I am too old to drive down to CF alone for research sessions these days.

Al Kresse