Re: NYO&W

James Brewer

There was another book written as well about the NYO&W.  It is titled O&W, the Long Life and Slow Death of the New York, Ontario & Western Ry., by William F. Helmer, published 1959 by Howell-North.  I am not sure where I found this book; this has been in my library for a long time.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 10:36 AM Frank Pearsall <plans@...> wrote:
Good morning:

As far as I know, Bob lives in the upstate N.Y. area  around or in Saratoga Springs. I talked to him several years ago.

He wrote a great hardcover book (350 plus pages), called “The New York, Ontario & Western Railway and the Dairy Industry in Central New York State." Published by Garrigues House Publishers  in 1995 (I think they’re gone).

The only current rolling stock I’ve seen lately are the Bowser 1200 series GLa Type 2-Bay Hoppers done several years ago.

Great railroad to model and we have the very active O&W Historical Society that published some great books about all aspects of the railway.

Frank A. Pearsall
Brevard, N.C.

On Feb 2, 2020, at 11:43 PM, Todd Sullivan via Groups.Io <sullivant41@...> wrote:

And Bob Mohowski, devoted O&W modeler, who is still probably lurking about in upstate New York.

Todd Sullivan
Rowlett, TX
_._,_._