Re: Union Pacific Stock Car colors - FCR to Yellow?

Dick Harley

On the UP Freight Car Data portion of my SmugMug site is a gallery with a 3-page spreadsheet of UP Stock Car Data.
https://harley-trains.smugmug.com/UP-FRT-DATA

On the right side of the second page are three columns for Body Color - pre and post 1940.

It's been years since I built that spreadsheet, and I do not recall if I ever determined a pattern to the color choice, though there probably was one.
I guess determining that pattern is now "left as an exercise for the student."  May be solid versus roller bearing journals, but I've got too much other stuff to do.

Let us know if anyone figures out something.

Cheers,
Dick Harley
Laguna Beach,  CA