From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg Martin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, February 7, 2020 8:04 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Correction PRR Stock cars on Southern Pacific or Union Pacific tracks?

David,

Certainly, if you understand stock car movements. Stock cars were generally used to transport livestock to market and that is well understood; however, stock movements were also used to move livestock from feeding/grazing lands/ areas in order to fatten the stock for market, as in the case of cattle.

Railroads were always behind the curve with stock cars, thus the reason for the leasing of cars from companies like Mather.

So to see a brace of PRR cars on the UP or SP isn't likely but the occasional would certainly be acceptable in your modeling.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

Sent from AOL Desktop

In a message dated 2/7/2020 5:32:21 AM Pacific Standard Time, david.north@... writes:

Correction-

A friend has asked if PRR stock cars would have been seen on Southern Pacific  or Union Pacific tracks.

I would have thought no, but thought I’d check with you guys first, before replying to him.

He models 1954.

Cheers

Dave

--
Hey Boss,

Somehow I got deleted from this group in late May. I guess someone didn't like me. Jail is a lonely place.

Greg Martin