Re: D&H Flat

rdgbuff56

Aren't the two cars identical? When first released the ECW car was advertised as a D&H car.

Francis A. Pehowic, Jr.

On Saturday, February 8, 2020, 09:18:51 AM EST, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

I'm with Tom on this...

I could be wrong, but ECW produced two heavy duty flat cars that I am aware of, the Commonwealth 90 ton depressed center car (NYC, NH, etc...) series 4800 kits and the 4 truck PRR F38 (series 4700 kits).

I searched with multiple terms and while the extremely hard to find F38 came up multiple times and the 90 ton depressed center car dominated, I could find no evidence on-line of an ECW kit for the subject car.

Both Athearn and Bachmann have produced the car in question in HO, albeit somewhat grossly misshapen.

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of rdgbuff56 via Groups.Io <rdgbuff56@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 8, 2020 1:13 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] D&H Flat

Yes.  16??? Series.

Francis A. Pehowic, Jr.

On Saturday, February 8, 2020, 6:51:28 AM UTC, Tom Madden via Groups.Io <pullmanboss@...> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 03:58 PM, rdgbuff56 wrote:
Eastern Car Works had this kit available some years ago.

Francis A. Pehowic, Jr.
Eastern Car Works made a 90 ton two truck depressed center flat car. Did they also make the 250 ton four truck one the O.P. was asking about?

Tom Madden

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.