Re: D&H Flat

Daniel A. Mitchell

Bob Kelly states : "The Eastern Car Works #4700 is labeled as a PRR F38 but will build either car. The kit is an F38 but the instructions and marks on the deck parts show how to shorten the deck for the D&H version. The included decals had both PRR and D&H".

That’s interesting! Mine is in a box labeled “D&H", not PRR. So, there must have been several versions of packaging. As I earlier stated the cars are identical except for the main-deck length. I have not looked into my kit for several years (it’s buried), but it may well be true that it will build either version. However, it was definitely marketed as a D&H car, and the replies make it clear that it was marketed separately as a PRR F38. Lilekely the same kit in two different boxes. I can’t recall whether my D&H version includes PRR decals. I’ll need to dig it out and take a look.

Dan Mitchell

On Feb 8, 2020, at 11:26 AM, Bill Kelly <wbkelly@...> wrote:

The Eastern Car Works #4700 is labeled as a PRR F38 but will build either car. The kit is an F38 but the instructions and marks on the deck parts show how to shorten the deck for the D&H version. The included decals had both PRR and D&H.
Later,
Bill Kelly