Re: D&H Flat

Daniel A. Mitchell

Not now. I have a strange appreciation of heavy duty flat cars and their often interesting loads. I just haven’t gotten around to this one yet, perhaps because I’ve not seen a photo of the prototype and whatever load it might be carrying. One has to be careful mixing such cars into regular train (assuming they’re not a “high and wide”). Too many looks strange. On the other hand I’ve seen photos of whole trains of high and wide oversized loads. Perhaps that’s putting all one’s problems in one place?

Dan Mitchell
==========

On Feb 8, 2020, at 12:29 PM, rdgbuff56 via Groups.Io <rdgbuff56@...> wrote:

Would you want to sell it?

Francis A. Pehowic, Jr.

On Saturday, February 8, 2020, 12:12:16 PM EST, Daniel A. Mitchell <danmitch@...> wrote:

Bob Kelly states : "The Eastern Car Works #4700 is labeled as a PRR F38 but will build either car. The kit is an F38 but the instructions and marks on the deck parts show how to shorten the deck for the D&H version. The included decals had both PRR and D&H".

That’s interesting! Mine is in a box labeled “D&H", not PRR. So, there must have been several versions of packaging. As I earlier stated the cars are identical except for the main-deck length. I have not looked into my kit for several years (it’s buried), but it may well be true that it will build either version. However, it was definitely marketed as a D&H car, and the replies make it clear that it was marketed separately as a PRR F38. Lilekely the same kit in two different boxes. I can’t recall whether my D&H version includes PRR decals. I’ll need to dig it out and take a look.

Dan Mitchell

On Feb 8, 2020, at 11:26 AM, Bill Kelly <wbkelly@...> wrote:

The Eastern Car Works #4700 is labeled as a PRR F38 but will build either car. The kit is an F38 but the instructions and marks on the deck parts show how to shorten the deck for the D&H version. The included decals had both PRR and D&H.
Later,
Bill Kelly