Re: D&H Flat

Daniel A. Mitchell

Bruce:

That’s the first photo of the D&H 12-axle car I’ve seen, Thanks!

I did miss the start of this thread, so was not aware of the previous discussion on the 8-axle D&H car. When I “arrived” the discussion was heavy on the ECW model car, and that’s when I started getting in on it.

Thanks again,

Dan Mitchell
==========

On Feb 8, 2020, at 1:06 PM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Dan (other Dan),

Thanks. Interesting. Definitely NOT the D&H flat car that started this discussion though 😉  Obviously, I was unaware that ECW did this and frankly the kit was so problematic that I was happy to stick with my brass F38.  It would appear from the instructions that there were a significant number of 36' deck variants of this car beyond D&H that this kit could also model.

The modified kit does appear to be prototypical for D&H 16157 (not D&H 16153)

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Dan Smith <espeefan@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 8, 2020 11:56 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] D&H Flat

All,

An ECW 4700 sold on ebay a while ago, here is the link to that sold listing.

Take a look and it shows the instructions well. You can see the 2 build versions that can be done.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eastern-Car-Works-Heavy-Duty-Cars-Pennsylvania-F-38-4700-Undecorated-/303433667393?hash=item46a60e5341%3Ag%3Au24AAOSwWxxeEknn&nma=true&si=jM4eChH7Do6CPgEAYYSAj931zhg%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Dan Smith

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.